WCID110 Water Use Restrictions Stage 1 - VOLUNTARY In Effect As of Friday, October 6, 2023
Harris County Water Control and Improvement District No. 110 is unable to provide water at the customary levels or pressure.
To ensure that an adequate supply of water is available, you are hereby notified that Stage One of the Drought Contingency Plan is now in effect. Stage One includes the following VOLUNTARY water use restrictions:
1.Irrigation shall be limited to the hours of 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. for customers with:\
Even number street addresses on Sundays and Thursdays (10-hour window),
Odd number street addresses on Wednesdays and Saturdays (10-hour window), and
All other customers on Tuesdays and Fridays (10-hour window).
2. Irrigation of green belts, esplanades and sports field shall be limited to Tuesday and Fridays between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight (4-hour window).
3.Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rises. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
4. Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. (10-hour window).
5.Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a re-circulation system.
6.Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the District.
7. Use of water for the irrigation of golf courses, and fairways is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. However, if the golf course utilizes a water source other than that provided by the District, the facility shall not be subject to these regulations.
8. All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to patrons except upon request of the patron.
9. The following uses of water are defined as non-essential and are prohibited:
wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection;
use of water for dust control;
flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street; and
failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).
10. Repair detectable water leaks within 72 hours of discovery.
The Board of Directors appreciates your cooperation and perseverance during this Conservation Condition. Once the Conservation Condition ends, we will notify you and you may then return to normal usage. If conditions should worsen, you will be notified of more stringent restrictions, to ensure the availability of water in your community.